Sunday, February 19, 2017

Coloring the '90s

Y'all know I love adult coloring books. Coloring was one of my favorite pastimes as a child, and some things never change.

I dealt with panic attacks and some other anxiety issues pretty heavily in 2014, and I colored my way through much of that struggle. Everything from sugar skulls to Bible verses to Lisa Frank... The act of filling in the lines with brightness stilled my wild stallion of a mind.

I haven't gotten to color as much lately, but I did spend some time with this new coloring book: That's So '90s Pop


Strictly speaking, this isn't just a coloring book. It is an activity book. It also has some trivia stuff inside its pages. The little-known-facts are fun, but the activities don't go one way or the other with me. I want to color, so I mostly skip those.

My only complaint about the coloring pages is that the artist may have tried to make the people too realistic. The faces are more lined than I would like them to be, but that isn't a big deal. I just prefer a bit more whimsy to my cartoon celebrities. LOL!

Since I just shared with you all how I feel about 90s hip-hop, I thought this would be worth sharing. It's a fun little book to add to my collection. Here is the first page I colored:


Sometimes, a girl just needs a little Alanis to vent all the anger from her spirit. Know what I mean?

It's a jagged little pill... swimming in your stomach.

I hope your Sunday is beautiful. I felt it was time for a lighter post. My thoughts have been heavy as of late.


*I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies