Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Wrap-Up Questions



1. Where did you begin 2016? At my in-law's home in Tennessee.

2. What was your status by Valentine's Day? wife, mom, homeowner, substitute teacher

3. Were you in school (anytime this year)? I was in schools as a sub and in preschool as a teacher.

4. Did you have to go to the hospital? A few ER trips with the boys and I spent time in a Honduran hospital, but not as a patient.

5. Did you have any encounters with the police? I went to the police department to get a background check for work.

6. Where did you go on vacation? Corey and I spent a week in Florida, 30A.

7. What did you purchase that was over $500? We bought a house.

8. Did you know anybody who got married? Corey preached a couple of weddings. 

9. Did you know anybody who passed away? My Aunt Carol passed.

10. Did you move anywhere? We moved from the parsonage to our new house.

11. What sporting events did you attend? I went to one of Haydn's football games.

12. What concerts/shows did you go to? We took the boys to see Tim Hawkins, and Corey took me to see The Wizard of Oz at The Orpheum. David had a couple of choir and band concerts.

13. Where do you live now? We are still in Mississippi.

14. What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2008? Zip-line. Upside down.

15. What has/have been your favorite moment(s)? The rainbow in Honduras... Standing by the ocean with Corey... Cuddling with Livy to watch a TV show... Standing by Haydn in his football uniform... Hearing David sing a solo...

16. What's something you learned about yourself? I am capable of more than I think I am.

17. Any new additions to your family? To our church family, yes, but there were no babies or anything for us.

18. What was your best month? July ... In Honduras

19. What music will you remember 2008 by? "Oceans" sung in Spanish, "Holy Spirit You Are Welcome Here" sung by Jamie in an ancient empty church

20. Made new friends? So many! The Well has turned into a community that feels like home.

21. Favorite Night[s] out? Pizza with Corey at the beach, BBQ with Leila in Atlanta, La Cumbre in Honduras...

22. Any regrets? Things I didn't say... chances I didn't take...

23. What do you want to change in 2017? My state-of-mind. I want to spend more time meditating and less time stressing out. Beyond myself, I want to change how people view one another. I want to break the chains of fear and ignorance that keep us from truly knowing and loving our human family. Easy, right?

24. Overall, how would you rate this year?on a scale of 1-10? For personal growth? A 10, hands-down. But I can't even begin to rate it beyond myself. It was beautiful and hard and sometimes scary and sometimes frustrating and also full of goodness.

25. What would you change about 2016? I'd elect a different president and take back all of the violence and hatred that spilled from the cracks in humanity.

26. Other than home, where did you spend most of your time? At work or at church, and those were mostly the same place. 

27. Change your hairstyle? I cut some layers into it myself, but I didn't do anything dramatic.

28. Get a new job? I started teaching preschool.

29. Do you have a New Year's resolution? My theme for 2016 was "Daring," and I definitely did some daring things. It wasn't a resolution, per se, but it did drive me to take more risks.

30. Did anything embarrassing? I used the wrong Spanish word for hot and basically announced, "I'm sexy."

31. Did you learn a new skill? I continued learning Spanish.

32. What was/were your favorite purchase[s]? A miniature pallet Christmas tree for Corey, items from Mi Esperanza, Truby's The Anatomy of Story

33. Get married or divorced? Nope.

34. Get arrested? Nope.

35. Best TV show binged? Good Girls Revolt

36. Did you get sick this year? Many times... preschoolers are the most adorable little germ incubators.

37. Start a new hobby? I didn't, but I did refine my hobbies. I scaled back on a lot of supplies in my craft stash.

38. Did you see the ocean? I saw the Gulf of Mexico from two different shores.

39. Read a good book this year? 106 of them.

40. Are you happy to see 2016 go? I am. There was a lot I loved in this year, but I am also looking forward to so much of the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies