Sunday, June 12, 2016

Currently: Summer, Soon Enough



Current Books: I just finished The Reader by Traci Chee (BEAUTIFUL), and I am near the end of the hilarious Vivian Apple at the End of the World by Katie Coyle (on audio). I have a volume of poetry by Billy Collins in my purse, and I am reading from Foolsgold by Susan Wooldridge and The Anatomy of Story by John Truby.

Current Playlist: Various Spanish practice programs on Overdrive

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Probably taking time to do this post today. I have so much to do, having just returned from Annual Conference, and my heart is heavy over the horror in Orlando last night. I want to be doing something that matters, that fixes things. But instead I am distracting myself on the Internet.

Current Color: Red... I wore red shoes and red lipstick with my black dress Friday night.

Current Food: I had a strawberry macaron on Saturday, and now I want more macarons.

Current Drink: I am on my second cup of coffee today, a mix of some from El Salvador and some from Rwanda.

Current Favorite Favorite: Pictures from Annual Conference

Current Wishlist: Eh... various books and such. Nothing major.

Current Needs: A few more items for Honduras... I will start packing this week.

Current Triumph: Last Friday, my husband was ordained as an Elder in the United Methodist Church. He has worked toward this for 9 years. I am so proud of him. And I managed not to trip going onto the stage, so that's good too. Ha!

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: The hate and distrust that still fills the Church... It's not right. We have got to love each other and those around us, or we are always going to do more harm than good.

Current Indulgence: I recently bought a stack of books from a used bookstore. I can't wait to dive into them.

Current Mood: Heavy-hearted over the mass shooting in Orlando, hopeful for our future despite the sadness...

Current Outfit: My 7 For All Mankind jeans (thrift store, y'all, I am cheap) and my Bell Jar tee from Out of Print, along with black flip-flops, cause it is summer.

Current #1 Blessing: My husband. He is sending me off to another country for an entire month, and he didn't think twice about the extra work that will put on him.

Current Quote:  “If you're reading this, then maybe you know you ought to read everything. And maybe you know you ought to read deeply. Because there's witchery in these words and spellwork in the spine.”  ― Traci Chee, The Reader

Current Photo:
After ordination, 6/10/2016


Title taken from: “Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.”  ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies