Monday, May 9, 2016

When the Church Hurts on Middle Places


How did you guys end up in Mississippi?
This week, as my husband and I chatted with new friends, a hard experience drifted into the conversation.
It’s a fair question. My husband was born and raised in Montgomery, Alabama. I was born in Kentucky and raised in South Carolina. We met at a church in South Carolina and eventually moved closer to his family in Alabama.
The leap from there to Mississippi was not one we ever planned to make. My husband took a job as a youth pastor at a church in a very small town on the bank of a river in Alabama, just thirty minutes from his parents and his daughter. It was there my oldest son turned two, and it was there I found out I was expecting my youngest son.
It was there the church broke my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Whatever your path was leading you here, we are blessed to have you guys. Hopefully you can heal along side the healing you and yours are initiating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies