Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Currently: The Time for Comfort



Current Books: I started Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett today, and I just finished a compilation of his nonfiction, A Slip of the Keyboard, on audio. Yesterday I plowed through The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han and over the weekend, while sick, I read Dumplin' by Julie Murphy and finished Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake.

Current Playlist: Spanish station on Pandora and the audio version of Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: We have two shower heads in our shower. I should not use both of them. But I have been sick, and the hot water feels so good. Lord help us when the water bill arrives.

Current Color: Shades of grey and the bright orangish-red of poppies

Current Food: I had a breakfast burrito today, and it was yummy.

Current Drink: Mostly water, but with being sick and still having so much to get done, I've been having an extra cup of coffee each day. I do make it half-decaf.

Current Favorite Favorite: Our new house... it is bright and cozy and beautiful.

Current Wishlist: Unpacking my shoes, I realized a few pair could be replaced, and I'd like a few more suitable-for-work outfits. Of course, I'd love to buy things for the house too, new bedding, a hamper, etc...

Current Needs: Finish raising money for Honduras, dental work, to call the vet, make a few appointments for me and Haydn, get over this blasted cold, have David's saxophone repaired

Current Triumph: I had 3 poems and a short story accepted for publication last week!

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: This cold... I'm falling further behind on so many tasks and the tyranny of the urgent is taking over.

Current Indulgence: Using the gas fireplace. Just having it burning makes me feel like everything is okay. What could be so bad when I am curled up in a room with a fireplace?

Current Mood: Good, when I can see past the sick/drugged feeling of this cold. I'm happy about where my current revision is taking this manuscript. I'm subbing two days a week. It's exhausting but helping the budget. I've raised $770 toward my month in Honduras. Sunday night worship is feeding my soul and I adore the group that is forming around this new church plant. There is a lot of happy in my life right now.

Current Outfit: I am in jeans and a baggy sweatshirt, because I was cleaning the parsonage this morning. We are officially all moved out.

Current #1 Blessing: Corey. He has been taking the kids to school and picking them up when my sub jobs make that difficult. He's trying to arrange finances so we can cover anything I don't raise for Honduras and he's handling David's saxophone struggles.

Current Quote: "Sometimes half of doing something is pretending that you can." -Julie Murphy

Current Photo:
Manuscript Revision + Cats

Title taken from: “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” ― Edith Sitwell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies