Saturday, August 8, 2015

My Manifesto on Middle Places



Twice today, once in a book and once in conversation, being “real” as a pastor’s wife has come up.

I’m told people expect certain things of a pastor’s wife. Me? I’ve been a youth minister’s wife for 13 years and now I’m a church planter’s wife, so maybe I’ve had a different experience. I suppose, people sometimes expected me to volunteer for VBS but I have a couple of kids so I think I’d have been expected to participate regardless of who my husband was.

I wonder, what expectations do other pastor’s spouses feel? What pressures are hanging over your heads?

And to the rest of you, what do you expect from your pastor’s spouse?

The stereotypical pastor’s wife teaches Sunday School, volunteers in the children’s ministry, and sings in the choir. At least, that is what I have always been told she does. I don’t know if it’s true.

Why?

Because I have yet to meet a stereotypical pastor’s wife.

FINISH READING ON MIDDLE PLACES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies