Saturday, June 20, 2015

Being Myself: On Middle Places



In high school, I adored the stage. I was never one of those people who said, “There are no small parts, only small actors.” Nope. I liked the spotlight, thankyouverymuch. If I couldn’t play a big role, I may as well just work backstage. 

I’m not saying I had the right attitude about that. And I did play many smaller roles, but I craved center stage and I got it often enough to fuel further ambition. I will never forget the joy of playing Ophelia and having a nervous breakdown on stage in front of all those people. I was Lucy with Dracula leaning near my neck. I was a suspected murderess with Sherlock Holmes hot on my heels. 

I was happy. 

Flash forward to grown-up Heather.


CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING ON MIDDLE PLACES

2 comments:

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies