Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Currently: A Bright Cold Day

Current Books: I read Love Letters to the Dead this week, and it was so good. So. So. So. Good. I'm having a lot of trouble focusing on reading lately, for various reasons, so I keep starting books and abandoning them. This is out of the ordinary for me, and I hope it goes away soon. I am reading Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith and listening to the audio of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I'm hooked on both, so I should be able to focus and finish them.

Current Playlist: Audio books and podcasts. I started listening to the Happier podcast and love it. I just wish I could figure out why the podcast app cuts off the ends of most of the podcasts I download.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Binge-watching 30 Rock while doing laundry and computer work.

Current Colors: Dark teal and orange

Current Food: Ben & Jerry's strawberry cheesecake ice cream

Current Drink: Coffee with dulce de leche creamer

Current Favorite Favorite: It was a long weekend full of heavy stuff, and my sweet kitty, The Doctor, seemed to sense that and cuddled with me a lot. So he is my favorite favorite right now.

Current Wishlist: New clothes for spring

Current Needs: Renovations on my house to be complete so our realtor can take photos and get it on the market

Current Triumph: I came through the hard weekend without totally losing it, so I call that a win.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Medication side effects

Current Indulgence: I am about to make a cup of coffee and sit with a book for a little while.

Current Mood: I feel good today. :)

Current Outfit: My 1984 sweatshirt from Out of Print Clothing, dark jeans, sneakers, and bookworm Jamberry wraps on my nails

Current #1 Blessing: My husband. He has been painting and doing yard work non-stop to get this house ready to sale.

Current Quote: “My words are unerring tools of destruction, and I’ve come unequipped with the ability to disarm them.” ― Maggie Stiefvater

Current Photo:




Title taken from: “It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.” -George Orwell, 1984

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies