Thursday, December 11, 2014

Currently: December is Here Before it's June


 photo tumblr_natvyst8Q71syotfao1_500_zpswt5o89o7.gif

Current Books: I started A Farewell to Mars with my coffee in the mornings. I am almost finished reading We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. WOW! For a while, I have read books like my son plays with toys... secretly taking them apart in my brain and trying to figure out how they work. It's been a while since I have totally relaxed so far into a book, I forget it is a book and I write books and I need to know how this book works. We Were Liars is a "just one more chapter" kind of book.

Current Playlist: I've been listening to "Less Like Scars" by Sara Groves on repeat.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Yesterday, I bought donuts. For myself. I didn't share.

Current Colors: I've liked mustard yellow lately, and that's not a color I normally like. It's also not a color I wear. It doesn't look good on my skin tone. But I like it lately, nonetheless.

Current Food: Corey and I tried a new place called Amsterdam's. Though the name doesn't show it, they serve a few middle eastern dishes, and I got a gyro. They also have shawarma and a hummus plate. It was delicious and I will definitely go back. A lot.

Current Drink: I had a yummy sparkling berry lemonade at Amsterdam's. I don't recall the brand. It was a French import.

Current Favorite Favorite: Not stressing about gifts this Advent. I made a list and I have stuck to that list.

Current Wishlist: A bunch of books, some Out of Print Clothing shirts, a journaling Bible, a new bag for my Macbook...

Current Needs: Nothing huge. I'm feeling very content and grateful.

Current Triumphs: I just bought my husband's Christmas gift. It was expensive. I paid for it with Jamberry money I earned. :) We've never been a "your money" and "my money" kind of couple, but usually he is the only one earning any money. This year, it was fun to shop for him without him even knowing.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Hormones. Mine and those belonging to the tweens living in my house.

 photo new-girl-gif1-2_zpsekdyn6tn.gif


Current Indulgence: I watch New Girl on Netflix while working on Christmas gifts.

Current Mood: Content.

Current Outfit: Jeans, spike-toed boots, blue shirt, purple Under Armor jacket

Current #1 Blessing: My husband

Current Quote: “Because I hadn’t known that I knew these things. Just having a notebook to write them in, and having someone to write them to, made them all rise to the surface.” ― Rachel Cohn, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

Current Photo:



Title taken from: “How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” ― Dr. Seuss


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies