Saturday, November 8, 2014

Currently: When Leaves Turned and Fruit Ripened

Current Books: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares is my fun read. With my coffee in the mornings, I am reading Seeking Allah Finding Jesus, and before bed I have a volume of poems by Mary Oliver. Also, my 7th grader has to read Night for his English project this semester, so I am re-reading that. It is heavy stuff and I want to be able to talk over what he read. Though, mostly, when I ask, he just says, "It's sad."

Current Playlist: For my current book, I need to think like a 16-year-old boy, so I made iTunes radio channels based on Eminem and Blink 182.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: soda

Current Colors: Hot pink on my fingernails right now. I needed something bright.

Current Food: Chili Cheese Fritos dipped in sour cream.  Don't judge me.


 photo tumblr_mmgn9749oF1r6uauso2_500_zps43eb5a5b.gif


Current Drink: Peach Nehi

Current Favorite Favorite: Girlfriend time. I got to spend some time at the lake with friends recently and next week I get to spend another three days with another set of friends. Heavenly.

Current Wishlist:  This Kentucky shirt, this dress in a medium, this blanket

Current Needs: Two dental crowns

Current Triumphs: Pitch Wars has ended and I got 8 requests in the agent round. *grins*


 photo Crown_zps89ad0d75.gif


Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Housework

Current Indulgence: Peach soda and Twizzlers while I write

Current Mood: Really good. I am writing everyday, and that always betters my mental state.

Current Outfit: Jeans, baseball sweatshirt and my black boots

Current #1 Blessing: My husband. He was just honored in a really awesome way, and he deserves it. He rocks.

Current Quote: “What I really do is take real plums and put them in an imaginary cake.” ― Mary McCarthy

Current Photo:



Title taken from:  “She looked like autumn, when leaves turned and fruit ripened.” ― Sarah Addison Allen, Garden Spells

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies