Monday, September 22, 2014

Nun Too Soon (A Review)


I was excited when this book showed up on Net Galley. I immediately requested it. I know the author from the writing community, and I couldn't wait to read. I read two chapters before telling her I had a review copy. That way, if I didn't like it, I never had to say. It's nerve-wracking to review a book by someone you know and like.

Luckily, I loved it.

I'm not a big mystery reader, but when I picked up Tana French's books, I was reminded why I used to love mysteries. This one by Alice Loweecey is the perfect balance of mystery and humor. Plus, I'm a sucker for all things monastic, and the detective in this book is an ex-nun.

I went back and forth on who I thought did it right up until the end. I laughed out loud many times. I finished it fast. Three of the best compliments I can give a mystery.

If you like cozy mysteries, go buy this one. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

Order Here & find more info Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies