Friday, August 22, 2014

In Which I Recover (or try to)

School started 3 weeks ago. I've enjoyed a quiet house and gotten quite a bit done. However, I fully expected to be doing more. I could call and get on the sub list for the high school, but when I think about doing that, I feel like this...


 photo tumblr_mmb8g4OQPT1qawkwjo1_250_zpsbf728d6a.gif


Wednesday night, while the youth were singing "Oceans," and I was thinking about my friends and the big struggles they are facing, I had an epiphany.

I'm not facing those big struggles right now.

Four years ago, I went into crisis mode. Stuff was going on with my kid and I didn't know what it was. Every time I thought I had a handle on it, something changed. Halfway through the year, I started homeschooling him. I spent the following three and a half years treading water 90% of the time. We survived it. I made the best decision for my son. He benefitted greatly and is doing well now.

But me?


 photo Exhausted_zpse9b76584.gif


My body and brain are recovering from years of stress.

No, I am not doing as much as I could be doing. I still haven't reorganized the bookshelves in the kitchen. The hall closet hasn't been cleaned out. Yada yada yada.

Now, as if to reinforce that point for me, I'm sick. The kids brought home a cold. They coughed for about 48 hours and now they're fine. Me? I'm a mess.

So, today includes Project Runway, coffee, a good book, and my couch.

TGIF?

1 comment:

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies