Sunday, August 10, 2014

Funny Scenes from Real Life

 photo post-10270-jon-stewart-on-books-w2nu1_zps4c3c8f22.gif

Actual conversation with an 8th grade boy:

Him: What's that?
Me: (looking down at my Kindle Paperwhite and then back at the boy) A Kindle
Him: (eyes wide) That's the strangest looking Kindle I ever saw.
Me: That's because it's just a Kindle, not a tablet. It's for reading.
Him: Wow. (leaning over to examine the screen) It looks like a plastic book.
Me: Yes, well, it IS a plastic book.


 photo tumblr_n8iockHeFm1sppvigo1_500_zpsc44605eb.gif



And to share another funny…

In church this morning, our pastor was explaining how he felt on the airplane getting ready to leave for Africa. He is a black man and had been dreaming about the trip and fellowshipping with the African people, etc… However, once on the plane, he had a bit of a panic. People were speaking other languages all around him, and he was alone and there was other stuff to freak him out. He told this whole story with a lot of animation.

My 10-year-old looked at me and said, "Well, bless his heart," with perfect Southern twang.

I definitely did high five my kid in church.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies