Thursday, May 22, 2014

“Do You Want to Throw a Baseball?”





[Dad]  Son? [knocks]
Do you wanna throw a baseball?
Come on, you take home base.
I never see you anymore.
Come out the door,
Put your Xbox away!




You used to be my buddy,
Until we bought a Wii.
When I turn it off you cry!

Do you wanna throw a baseball?
It doesn’t have to be a baseball…

[Son] Go away, Daddy.

[Dad] Okay, bye…

[Dad knocks]
Do you want to go for ice cream?
Or play tea party with your doll?
I think some time with you is overdue.
I’ve started talking to
Your picture on the wall!

[Daughter] I’m too old, Dad!

I get a little crazy
Waiting on her curfew,
Just watching time tick by
(tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock)

[Dad knocks]
Kids, please, I know you’re in there.
Mom is asking that I clean.
She says, “Get the broom.” I want to hide with you.
I’m here demanding to
Please now be let in.

We only have each other
When it comes to Mom.
What are we gonna do?


Do you wanna throw a baseball?


-------------------------------------------------

I love writing these, but I can't sing or do anything musical. If someone wants to put it to music, feel free.

1 comment:

  1. I literally just sang this wholething. ;) Very nice Heather!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Madame Rubies