Monday, May 26, 2014

Currently: Darling Buds of May

Current Books: I am reading Lay it on my Heart by Angela Pneuman, for review with the Amazon Vine program. I like it a lot so far. I'm a sucker for coming of age books set in Kentucky. I'm also reading the Letters of Edna St. Vincent Millay. I call it research, but it's the best kind of fun research. I'm reading Barbies at Communion by Marcus Goodyear in the poetry department. I just finished a volume of Merton and have Mary Oliver by the bed. With the boys, I am finishing a read aloud of Story of the World: Early Modern Times.

Current Playlist: We have been listening to PG Comedy on Pandora. It keeps the boys laughing in the car, and that is way better that fighting.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Binge watching Mad Men. Can I have a wardrobe that's a cross between Betty and Joan?

Current Colors: Our hall bathroom is now gray and white. I love it. In the master bath, we are going with a pale sand color and a sea blue. I'm planning to channel the view of the Dead Sea from Masada. I want to frame some photos for the wall in there.

Current Food: Hubby cooked me breakfast this morning. And Daddy sent me Himalayan Sea Salt. It's pink. Of course, there are plenty of nutritional reasons to eat a complete salt versus a processed salt. Mostly, I like it because when I add salt and pepper to my food now, I think of my Dad and know he was thinking of me. I'm 32 years old and still a Daddy's girl.

Current Drink: Coffee in the morning, water all day, maybe a Starbucks Refresher in the early afternoon if I go out.

Current Favorite Favorite: Vintage. I'm sure this is due to my Mad Men obsession. I'd hate to be a woman in the 60s. I am too non-domestic for that. But I do so love their clothing.

Current Needs: To get my feet back under me since finishing the last draft of my current manuscript. I stumble around blind between writing projects.

Current Triumph: I wrote the book that scared the cuss words out of me. And it's good.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Waiting.

Current Indulgence: We've been eating out a lot lately. It's a habit that starts when I am in the throes of a book. I lose track of time and I cannot plan anything but the plot. Dinner escapes me. It's hard to shake the habit when the book is done.

Current Mood: Out of sorts. I'm happy but restless.

Current #1 Blessing: My husband. And his father. Bert drove down from TN and helped Corey put in the posts for a new privacy fence. The old one was badly constructed. They used the wrong wood for the posts and didn't even cement them in. It was falling apart left and right. Bert left on Thursday and Corey and the boys finished putting up the panels of fencing. Now, my backyard is enclosed again. The dog can no longer escape, and it looks gorgeous.

Current Outfit: I found a pair of Lucky Brand jeans at the thrift store for $5. And they're a size 4. WOOT! I'm within 10 pounds of my pre-baby weight. I haven't been this thin in almost ten years.

Current Quote: "I am like the Ancient Mariner, who had a tale in his heart he must unfold to all." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Current Photo:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies