Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Currently: The Tip of the Tongue of the Year

Current Books: I'm halfway through A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin and Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh. That one could have been read in one sitting, but I am rationing the essays to savor it longer. The boys and I are reading The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen, along with Story of the World: Volume III. I also have a few volumes of poems open, including Rilke, Merton, and Oliver. For our upcoming long plane ride, I have Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger and Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen.

Current Playlist: I go back and forth between Let it Go on repeat and the Pistol Annies station on Pandora.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: I took a nap yesterday. Like, I actually slept in the middle of the day. I drooled on myself. It was glorious.

Current Colors: Bright bright bright!

Current Food: I am looking forward to all sorts of new foods in Israel, along with some I already love, like hummus and lamb.

Current Drink: Raspberry refreshers. Yummy.

Current Favorite Favorite: My husband who is spending a boys' weekend with our sons while I go off with a friend for a couple of days.

Current Wishlist: A never-ending supply of ink cartridges for my printer, to beat level 67 on Frozen: Free Fall, cleaning fairies to deep clean my house

Current Needs: dental work (is that ever NOT on this list) and to feel on top of my ballgame again (Did I ever, really?)

Current Triumph: The work in progress has over 17,000 words! I memorized my own poem and recited it in front of TONS of people without messing up.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Tween hormones.

Current Indulgence: I'm heading to Memphis this weekend. I'm meeting Leila there. We're going to Target. And sleeping in. And eating somewhere our kids wouldn't like anything on the menu.

Current Mood: Happy.

Current #1 Blessing: Words. I'm so grateful God gave me words.

Current Outfit: jeans, comfy Tupelo Baseball sweatshirt, spike-toed black boots

Current Quote: Everyone in me is a bird, I am beating all my wings. -Anne Sexton

Current Photo:




Title taken from: "January 1939" by Dylan Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies