Thursday, December 5, 2013

Currently: The Crazy Stable Close at Hand

Current Books: I just finished Game of Thrones and have book #2 on hold. I am anxious to get it. I didn't even think I was that into the story until I had to wait to start the second book. Now I'm a crazy person. Just give me my book already. Aigh! In the meantime, I am reading 7 by Jen Hatmaker and the boys and I are still working our way through The Book Thief (a reread for me). In the car, we are listening to The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (also a reread for me).

Current Playlist: My Corinne Bailey Rae station on Pandora

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Daily browsing on Zulily

Current Colors: Kentucky Blue

Current Fetish: Coloring my Praying in Color Advent calendar

Current Food: My tastebuds are all messed up on this med, but I made some amazing black bean chicken wraps this week. Hubby is still raving over them.

Current Drink: Starbucks Refreshers. Pomegranate is my favorite.

Current Favorite Favorite: Being an INFP and learning more about myself and others like me.

Current Wishlist: Here ya go: Amazon Wishlist, mostly books, but also a pretty new Otterbox and a Hobo purse. I want to get a few new blouses and scarves too. I am doing a HUGE clean out and analyzing what I have in my closet, getting rid of a lot and deciding what I actually need.

Current Needs: Quiet. Solitude.

Current Triumph: Completing my jail visit and getting so much good information.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Whining and complaining in my children

Current Indulgence: Procrastinating on the Christmas tree. I know I need to deal with it, put it up, etc… I just don't enjoy it in the least and it feels like a waste of time and energy. But, the kids and the husband want a tree. Gr.

Current Mood: Mostly good. I tend to feed on the moods of those around me, however, and my kids are grouches today. I am trying to hide from them and keep my happy but they like to drag their grumps up the stairs and deposit them at my feet.

Current #1 Blessing: My husband, my kids mostly getting along (today not included), and, yeah, not breaking anything when I fell down the stairs.

Current Outfit: Dark wash jeans, light pink Camp Lake Stephens tee, silver studded black boots

Current Quote: “Be patient. Do the best with what you know. When you know more, adjust the trajectory.” ― Jen Hatmaker, 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess

Current Photo:   This is a giant burlap banner our family painted together on Family Advent Night at church. It will hang by our tree.



Title taken from: The House of Christmas by G. K. Chesterton

2 comments:

  1. I have The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making for my boys for Christmas, can't wait to read it. I love The Game of Thrones, I wish he would hurry up ad finish writing it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun romp. I need to get my hands on her newest soon. I love the language and the titles for each chapter. Also, the audio version has a charming reader.

      Delete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies