Thursday, November 7, 2013

Jobs That Are Easier Than Parenting


  • Calcutta Sewer Cleaner
  • UN Negotiator
  • Air Traffic Controller
  • Brain Surgeon
  • Coal Mining
  • Alaskan Crab Fishing
  • President of the United States of America
  • Prison Warden
  • Ice Road Trucker
  • Crime Scene Cleaner
  • BP Publicist

Okay okay okay.

This post is meant tongue-in-cheek. I am not belittling these jobs. Just the opposite. They are some of the hardest jobs imaginable and I don't want to do any of them.

But today, this week, with the refereeing of boy fights and the big decision making and the unable-to-fix-it-all-ness of life…

Parenting feels like the hardest job.

Ever.


I keep seeing my kids as adults, discussing all of the mistakes I made in raising them. And I agree with these imaginary grown-up children. I find myself trying to explain to them, this is hard.

It is so hard.

When they fight, it is impossible to know who started it anymore. Where does one argument end and another begin? Who was copying who? Who looked at who funny and made a face and then laughed when he got in trouble?

I'm exhausted.

I love my boys. If I didn't, this parenting thing would be a whole lot easier. I wouldn't care so much about raising them right, making sure they know and feel how loved they are, helping them become the amazing men I know they can be.

God bless you mommies everywhere.

Now, back to my striped shirt and my loud silver whistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies