Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Learning You're Loved


Over the last few weeks, I have been learning about a couple of countries. First of all, I've been reading a set of Irish mysteries, so I've picked up all sorts of Irish slang and bits of Irish culture. It's fun. One day, I would like to visit Ireland, but that isn't in my immediate future.

What is in my immediate future?

Israel.

I have learned, over the last few weeks, that our church family loves us. Okay, so I knew they loved us, but when someone loves you as generously as they have in this instance, it is both exciting and humbling. I won't tell you how much it is costing for Corey and I to go to Israel in February. Suffice it to say, a lot. The trip includes airfare, a very nice hotel, transportation in Israel, admission to a billion places, breakfast and dinner daily, and who knows what else I am missing. Our church sent a letter to the congregation and asked for donations to pay for our trip. Within 3 weeks, both of our trips have been fully funded.

Wow.

My Pinterest feed is full of sites we will be visiting and views I dream of seeing. I am about to read a novel set in Israel. I have my passport on my desk where I see it daily. My in-laws have volunteered to keep the boys with them in Tennessee.

Sometimes, we learn the most amazing things from the generous hearts of others.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's so wonderful! Send me a postcard please ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies