Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Currently: This Black August

Current Books: I am one essay from finishing I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley. It's funny. Not laugh out loud funny, but amusing. I have a few books on hold. With the boys, I'm reading a biography of Jim Thorpe and The Library Card by Jerry Spinelli.

Current Playlist: If Haydn's having a meltdown, I play praise music. That's about it.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure - Salted Caramel Gelato

Current Colors: Brights

Current Fetish: Pretty paper, postcards, paper tape

Current Food: chicken and veggies

Current Drink: coffee or water.

Current Favorite Favorite: Peyton. He's one of the college guys at church. He drew sketches for my manuscript. They are awesome. He is amazing.

Current Wishlist: a Mac for the boys to do school on, new tennis shoes, a pedicure

Current Needs: A couple of home repairs, answers

Current Triumph: The Tornado rewrite is complete. It took longer than expected, but it was worth every second. I am so excited about the changes and the finished product.

Current Indulgence: I bleached part of my hair and dyed it green.

Current Mood: Strangely detached.

Current #1 Blessing: My husband and my friends

Current Outfit: My orange Hendrix t-shirt and jeans with flip-flops

Current Link: This website is amazing. I'm using it for Science and Health with Haydn and Art with David.

Current Quote“Life starts out with everyone clapping when you take a poo and goes downhill from there. ” 
― Sloane CrosleyI Was Told There'd Be Cake

Current Photo:




Title taken from a poem my Derek Walcott

So much rain, so much life like the swollen sky
of this black August. My sister, the sun,
broods in her yellow room and won't come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies