Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Currently: A July Noon

Current Books: Writing the Breakout Novel (workbook) by Donald Maass, The Sky Beneath my Feet by Lisa Samson, Nation by Terry Pratchett

Current Playlist: Nothing particular.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: My sister brought home miniature wedding cakes from the wedding she was in this weekend. They were lemon with raspberry filling. They are glorious.

Current Colors: Bright aqua and baby pink, though not together. Also, salmon.

Current Fetish: I'm liking some of the funky earrings that are out now. I want to get some.

Current Food: My friend, Kimmi, treated me to lunch at Red Bowl yesterday. I had egg drop soup, bang bang shrimp, and cheese won ton. So good.

Current Drink: homemade iced coffee with white chocolate mocha creamer

Current Favorite Favorite: Friendships that are not threatened by time and distance.

Current Wishlist: Clothes to fit my new size, my feather tattoo, a Mac desktop for our homeschool

Current Needs: I need some dental work. I hate how my smile looks.

Current Triumph: I've passed the 50% mark on my first round of revisions.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: The distance between me and so many friends and family

Current Indulgence: Did I mention those miniature wedding cakes?

Current Mood: Pretty good. Laid back and happy.

Current #1 Blessing: My family and friends. I'm a lucky girl.

Current Outfit: Calvin Klein jeans (thrift store find), a pretty pink and navy tank top Leila gave me, and flip-flops

Current Link: Hogwarts Seminary

Current Quote: “I have come to regard with some suspicion those who claim that the Bible never troubles them. I can only assume this means they haven’t actually read it.” ― Rachel Held Evans, A Year of Biblical Womanhood

Current Photo:


Title taken from: “I've never really thought about it before, but it's a miracle how many kinds of light there are in the world, how many skies: the pale brightness of spring, when it feels like the hole world's blushing; the lush, bright boldness of a July noon; purple storm skies and a green queasiness just before lightning strikes and crazy multicolored sunsets that look like someone's acid trip.” ― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies