Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Currently: April Air Stirs

Current Books: We're about to start The View from Saturday in the car (on audio) and we're loving Chomp by Carl Hiaasen. I've almost finished The Gone and the Going Away, poetry-wise, and I'm reading Shakespeare to the boys each day.. We're really near the end in Story of the World, Volume 2. I am reading The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle and just bought Help Thanks Wow by Anne Lamott.

Current Playlist: I need to work on a playlist for my latest writing project. Doing that is always fun.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Talenti gelato. I justify it by thinking how much better it is for me than regular ice cream. I recognize all of the items in the ingredients list, which is rare for pre-packaged food in America. Last week I had the salted caramel and yesterday I bought the pistachio. Pistachio was my Seattle flavor of gelato. I told Corey, a pint of gelato costs $5, and that is really cheap when you look at my options. A plane ticket to Seattle is $800, so I'm saving $795 buying it at Kroger.

Current Colors: Brights.

Current Fetish: Colorful note-taking.

Current Food: Organic honeycrisp apples.

Current Drink: Water all day, except my one cup of coffee.

Current Favorite Favorite: Scrivener. I downloaded the software for my 30-Day free trial, and I am in love. Head over heels. I want to play with it all day, writing and reorganizing.

Current Wishlist: I want to stock up on workbooks at Teacher's Pet (local store) and I could use a lifetime supply of ink cartridges for my printer.

Current Needs: A clone? Braces to be free? A personal chef? Yeah, no. My needs are met. Unless you have a magic wand that can grant me infinite patience.

Current Triumph: I'm taking a novel-writing class, because I was stuck and not sure what I was doing wrong. I'm really glad I signed up for the class. I am feeling more clear-headed since the big picture of novel-structure is making sense to me.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Food prices. I'm trying to serve healthier meals and snacks to my family, and the bad stuff is so much cheaper.

Current Indulgence: Did I mention the gelato? Yeah, that.

Current Mood: Mostly good, but my nerves are stretched a bit thin.

Current #1 Blessing: Compassion International. We are sponsoring a little girl in Nicaragua, and I am very excited.

Current Outfit: Gray lounge pants and a peach t-shirt, my painted TOMs

Current Link: Sasha's wonderfully honest post on anger.

Current Quote: “The greatest need of our time is to clean out the enormous mass of mental and emotional rubbish that clutters our minds” ― Thomas Merton

Current Photo: My nephew is adorable and I miss cuddling him.



Title from this haiku:


“April's air stirs in 
Willow-leaves...a butterfly
Floats and balances” 
― Matsuo BashōJapanese Haiku

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies