Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Poem: You Laughed



I think you stood up
laughing.
The grave clothes tumbled
from a brand new body.
The sun shone through
holy holes
in healing hands,
and you
laughed.

I see you standing by
the open grave,
the empty tomb,
and there are lines
around your mouth,
smile lines and maybe
dimples. Maybe dimples
and maybe crinkles
around your eyes.

There you are, and
there she is, Mary,
walking to the place
your death was framed
for her, made real.
You saw her coming. 
You saw men running.
You knew what they
would not find, and you
grinned, and you
laughed.

There was joy 
when you opened
your eyes. There
was joy in
your heart. There was 
reason for a celebration,
and with all of your heart
bursting from the grave,
I believe
you laughed.

One day
I will get to stand
in your holy happy
presence,
and I know my heart
will fill and overflow
with joy, and
together
we will laugh.

HT 

7 comments:

  1. Surely heaven is filled with laughter! I purpose to allow that laughter to fill me now. Thank you, Heather, for the reminder to hear Jesus' laughter fill the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help but read this with a melody. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my wife! I just wanted to remind everyone that I am married to a talented, amazing, creative, imaginative and wonderful human being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. LOVE this. What an incredible image!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies