Monday, March 4, 2013

Currently: March On and Fear Not the Thorns

Current Books: I've almost finished reading Cutting for Stone, and I will be sorry to reach the end. This book has sucked me under its tide and washed me back to shore over and over again. I haven't been so emotional over fictional characters in quite a while. The boys and I have three discs left of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. We are almost done with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as well. We're reading the Maya Angelou edition of Poetry for Young People.

Current Playlist: In my head, I hear the seasons song by Nichole Nordeman that I am using for Thursdays at Middle Places.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Not exercising today. It was a long day.

Current Colors: Jewel tones. I know, a bit fall-ish for this spring weather we keep having.

Current Fetish: Making my own Project Life cards

Current Food: I made hummus-crusted chicken last week. It was so yummy. I can't wait to make it again.

Current Drink: Water. Water. Water.

Current Favorite Favorite: My Project Life albums.

Current Wishlist: Rainbow-colored G2 pens, a variety of Project Life page protectors, a good pair of tennis shoes

Current Needs: infinite patience, a bit more confidence, self-discipline

Current Triumph: I have walked three miles almost daily for more than a week.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: not sleeping, I go to bed and fall asleep but I wake constantly. I'm exhausted.

Current Indulgence: A second cup of coffee in the afternoon. Without it, I am likely to fall asleep at supper.

Current Mood: Discouraged and tired. They seem to go hand-in-hand, don't you think?

Current #1 Blessing: My husband, my sister, my best friend. They keep me feeling a bit saner than I might without them.

Current Outfit: Thick green sweater over a brown and orange shirt, jeans, painted TOMs

Current Link: NYPL Twitter Poetry Contest

Current Quote: “Wasn't that the definition of home? Not where you are from, but where you are wanted”  -Abraham VergheseCutting for Stone

Current Photo






Title from this quote“March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path.” - Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies