Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Poem: Dance



In the taking of communion,
we dance before the devil.
We throw Jesus in his face
as David threw caution
away and danced without
regard for dignity. The enemy's
in Michal's eyes, and he
doesn't like for us to dance.
He cannot tolerate our joy, but
he cannot stop it anymore
than the blood can go unshed,
than the breaking of the bread
can be unbroken.
So heart of mine, also broken
and put back together again,
let go, let go, let go.
If I don't dance,
the rocks will.
If I don't bow,
the trees will.
If I don't sing,
all of creation will sing.
I see the enemy in
the queen's eyes,
but dignity can't hold us back
when Jesus takes up residence
in all our broken places.
The only thing to do
is dance.

HT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies