Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Currently: a February Face

Current Books: I just finished Incendiary by Chris Cleave and started The Lost Art of Mixing by Erica Bauermeister. In the car, we are listening to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. We are reading a book by/about Dave Dravecky as well. I'm still rereading One Thousand Gifts and making my way through Red Letter Revolution.

Current Playlist: The White Flag album. Specifically "White Flag" and "10,000 Reasons."

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Hot Tamales candies

Current Colors: Bright pink and orange-red

Current Fetish: Project Life

Current Food: It's shrove tuesday. I will be making gluten free pancakes for Haydn and enjoying pancakes with my family and my church family this evening. :)

Current Drink: water or coffee with stevia and creamer

Current Favorite Favorite: Watching the number on my pedometer get higher and higher

Current Wishlist: A teleportation device, some way to be in SC and help my sister with her new work transition.

Current Needs: Patience. It is so hard to wait for things.

Current Triumph: Walking more than three miles two days in a row and closing in on a third.

Current Bane of my Existence: Haydn is moodier than usual and I am not sure why. Do meds need adjusting? Or is it having his brother around more often? Or is it just part of growing up?

Current Indulgence: Buying apples. They aren't cheap, but they sure are yummy AND healthy.

Current Mood: Tired and mostly content. 

Current #1 Blessing: Corey. He is my biggest fan, and his reading my writing is so encouraging for me.

Current Outfit: dark jeans, dark purple long sleeve shirt, painted TOMs

Current Link: If you haven't already, check out the Middle Places blog. Also, look them up on Facebook. I moderate on Thursdays and it's a lot of fun.

Current Quote

“You know," Marion said, "I met a woman once when I was a teenager. I knew she had gone through a lot but she was so strong, so compassionate. I asked her how she could be the way she was, and you know what she told me?"

Hadley shook her head.

"She said, 'You can be broken, or broken open. That choice is yours.” 
― Erica BauermeisterJoy For Beginners


Current Photo:



Title taken from:

“Why, what's the matter,
That you have such a February face,
So full of frost, of storm and cloudiness?” 
― William ShakespeareMuch Ado About Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies