Thursday, September 13, 2012

Currently: 30 Days Has September

Current Books: I was enjoying Our Lady of the Forest while we were at the beach, but once we made it home, I couldn't concentrate on it any longer. The writing is quite beautiful but my mind was shoved full. So, I shelved it for a bit. I'm reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green and a couple of writing books. I'm about to start a journey group and will be reading all kinds of C S Lewis for that. Haydn and I are plowing through From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. We just finished a biography of Phyllis Wheatley. The homeschool book club I lead once a week is reading Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson. In the car, we're listening to Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer.

Current Playlist: I've been listening to my Tornado playlist, the one filled with songs that somehow put me in the mind of Callie Jones. A few songs from this list: "Losing my Religion," by R.E.M., "Center Aisle," by Caedmon's Call, "Volcano Girls," by Veruca Salt, "I Will Follow You Into the Dark," by Death Cab for Cutie

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: I bought a bag of soft batch cookies today.

Current Colors: jewel tones

Current Fetish: Illustrating the Psalms in my art journal

Current Food: Leftovers. We brought home food from church and from a family event, so we've lived on those this week.

Current Drink: Coffee with Truvia and yummy creamer

Current Favorite Favorite: The homeschool ladies I hang with on Fridays

Current Wishlist: A vehicle with 3rd-row seating, a new fall wardrobe, silent retreat in solitude, time with my best friends, bright comfy sneakers, my nose repierced, noise-canceling headphones, and more, because lately I am a bottomless pit of wishful thinking.

Current Needs: More dental work, a new downstairs bathroom, infinite patience and compassion

Current Triumph: Overcoming my fear of revision and turning Tornado into a whole new book.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Never being really alone. My introverted self is desperate for solitude. Even inside my own head, I do not feel truly alone right now.

Current Indulgence: I've been sending myself to my bedroom to get work done.

Current Mood: tense.

Current #1 Blessing: Our church family, the youth parents who take such good care of us... We are blessed to see community at work everyday.

Current Outfit: black yoga pants, Anytime Fitness t-shirt

Current Link: We began using Spelling City this week, and we love it so far.

Current Quote“A nasty letter or a sarcastic one can make you righteously angry, but what can you do about a polite letter of rejection? Nothing, really, except cry.” 
― E.L. KonigsburgFrom the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs Basil E. Frankweiler

Current Photo: My nephew, Tyrus


1 comment:

  1. I can relate to the bane-of-your-existance--this introvert needs time alone, too. And I would love some noise canceling headphones.

    I used to listen to certain music when I wrote poetry, but I haven't listened to music while writing for a long time. You're the second person recently who mentioned it and it's got me thinking of my playlist . . . .

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies