Thursday, August 2, 2012

I have the kind of friends who...




post uterus mourning photos on a friend's wall
after her hysterectomy...

have entire conversations pretending to be 
Obama and Laura Bush...

show up on my doorstep with coconut flour
and let me break into their house for sorghum flour...


hand me their precious chapstick 
and let me keep it when I forget mine at home...

pray for me when this autism thing
makes me want to quit it all...

ask me how many words I wrote today...

listen to me read sections of a rough draft...

send me photos of their scrubs 
so I can use them in a book...

squeal with excitement over
publishing possibilities...

keep my children for an entire week 
while I fly to Seattle with teenagers...

understand the importance
of small keychains from Bali...

honk in the mornings on their way to work 
and make me smile...

order nearly everything
on my Amazon wish list
(yes, she really did)...

send me gluten free goodies 
after Whole Foods shopping...

ask my opinion and then
listen thoughtfully when I share it...

buy me squirrels and owls...

make me believe I am
the person they see me as...

agree and disagree 
with all sorts of things, 
but remember that love is more important 
than being right...

Purchase entire sets of antique Oz...



I could go on and on. 
I am very very blessed.


3 comments:

  1. I had never heard of sorghum and now the second time in 3 days..saw a thick sorghum liquid canned at the apple orchard but the girl couldn't tell me what to use it for??
    Cool friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friends sound like true blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies