Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Failure/Success

I promised to tell you all about my failures as well as my successes on this Gluten-Free journey. Well, yesterday, I decided to make blueberry muffins. A friend dropped off a bag of fresh blueberries, and another friend sent me a gluten-free muffin mix by Namaste.

I was drawn to the little brown bag due to its brand name. The word namaste has such a powerful meaning in my mind. Surely, any company using that name is right up my alley. And, maybe they are. Just not their muffin mix.

The batter seemed dry, but I have come to expect that from gluten free baking. I stirred in blueberries and filled a muffin tin. I baked them. I pulled them out of the oven and tasted one while it was still hot, because I just love still-hot baked goods. Nothing quite like them.

These were not yummy. Somewhere along the way I must have missed a step or an ingredient, though I cannot figure out where or what. I used EnerG egg replacer instead of eggs, but I do that in all of my recipes. So, I just don't know.


On the other hand, this morning I decided to try a cookie mix from Gluten Free Pantry. It was also given to us by a friend and church member. I used my brand new (refurbished) Kitchen Aid mixer, and the cookies turned out wonderfully. A bit crumbly but, like I said, I have come to expect that from gluten-free baking.

Sometime this week, I will blog our new favorite dinner option, Quinoa Pizza Bites. Also, tonight I made a couple batches of gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free pancakes. They were a huge success!


2 comments:

  1. If he can eat coconut - I have some fun recipes. We made a lot of coconut pancakes during our GF days.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies