Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Currently: Mother May I?

Current Books: Haydn and I just finished a biography of Eleanor Roosevelt. We are also reading The Phantom Tollbooth and Sing a Song of Tuna Fish. In the car, we are nearing the end of the final Eragon book via audio. I will miss the language of those books. The names play in my head like music. I am reading Esther in my Bible, still making my way through Through the Year with Mary, and reading Chris Cleave's new book, Gold, in my free time. It will be published in July, and I highly recommend it. The writing is, as expected, artistically fashioned. Poetic, even. At bedtime, I alternate between another Mary book and a volume of Chesterton's essays.

Current Playlist: I made a playlist to match the book I have been writing. It is filled with 90s pop, mostly. Also any songs with a suicide theme, as the book has such a theme itself. I have been playing a station based on Israel & New Breed when I cook or clean. I think praise music helps the spirit of our home.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Food. I snack way too much. I am considering Body by Vi next month, but I'm not sure I can do it. When I am hungry, I want to eat real food, not drink something. But I need some self-discipline, and my friend raves about Visalus.

Current Colors: Brights. Kentucky blue and fuchsia and yellow.

Current Fetish: G K Chesterton. I underline so much while reading his essays.

Current Food: Thanks to a tooth being pulled, I have eaten a lot of pudding, jello, and soup this week.

Current Drink: Coffee with 1 packet of Truvia and a bit of Sweet Cream by Coldstone Creamery.

Current Favorite Favorite: Corey has finished this semester and only has one to go. Knowing he is in the home stretch is my current favorite favorite, hands down.

Current Wishlist: a bicycle with a basket, clothes that fit and look good, Kentucky championship shirt, bread machine, food processor

Current Needs: I had a handful of teeth removed when I got braces in 6th grade. I need them back now.

Current Triumph: I have finished writing another novel, The Tornado Year, and am currently editing the manuscript.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: The way my boys fight with one another. I know siblings fight. I certainly didn't get along happily with my sister, when we were kids. But the constant bickering makes my blood pressure rise.

Current Celebrity Crush: I started watching Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 just because I like the girl who plays the B.

Current Indulgence: Ice cream while my gums heal

Current Mood: Not bad. A little tense, but vacation is coming soon.

Current #1 Blessing: Haydn getting to pitch for his baseball team this year. It is wonderful to watch how calm and focused he can be on a ball field.

Current Slang or Saying: Seriously?

Current Outfit: My favorite t-shirt and a pair of old jeans with my hand-painted TOMs

Current Link: I have been making crossword puzzles for Haydn, using his vocabulary words

Current Quote: “Sad words are just another beauty. A sad story means, this storyteller is alive.” ― Chris Cleave, Little Bee

Current Photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies