Monday, March 12, 2012

Currently: Marching, Onward and Upward

Current Books: I am reading Mare's War, because I failed miserably at giving up fiction for Lent. It was actually easier the year I gave up all pleasure reading for Lent. Anyway, Mare's War fell into my hands because I just wrote a character who served in the WAC during WWII, and I was interested in the subject. The boys and I are reading the third Harry Potter book. For Homeschool, Haydn and I are nearing the end of Story of the World Volume I and also enjoying a biography of Temple Grandin.

Current Playlist: I asked a bunch of Facebook friends to tell me what songs they listen to when they feel happy, and I have been listening to those one by one.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Junk food.

Current Colors: Brights, also gray paired with another color

Current Fetish: nada

Current Food: I just discovered this maple/peanut ice cream from Kroger's Premium line.  So good.

Current Drink: bottled Vanilla Frappe

Current Favorite Favorite: Literary tattoos

Current Wishlist: an agent to represent me, clothes that fit and feel good, someone else to do the cooking, magic housecleaning fairies, etc... I don't want much, right?

Current Needs: a crown on one tooth and a root canal on another.

Current Triumphs: I finished the first round of edits on my latest manuscript. I'm taking a break before the second round, so I can come to it with fresh eyes.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: My own impatience and lack of self-discipline

Current Celebrity Crush: Do you watch White Collar? Yum.

Current Indulgence: Above described maple ice cream

Current Mood: Not bad.

Current #1 Blessing: My husband. He did a huge wonderful thing for me this week. I love that man more each year we are together.

Current Slang or Saying: Oy!

Current Outfit: the "my Bad" tee Ashley bought for me years ago, jeans, painted TOMs

Current Link: Janet always inspires me. I may do this meme soon.

Current Quote: “Stupid people are dangerous.” Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games



Current Photo:  My baby sister is expecting. I can't wait to meet this new niece or nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies