Monday, February 27, 2012

Three Films


Three Films

{1} The only movie I will happily sit and watch over and over again? Steel Magnolias. I'm sorry if that makes me stereotypical and southern, but there's no way around it. The movie comes on TV, and my eyes are drawn to the screen. We own the movie, so you'd think I could pass it up on television, but nope. That is not the case. I'd say it is also my most quoted movie. "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion."

{2} This one might make you roll your eyes, but Clueless defines my adolescence. I dreamed of that make-over of epic proportions. I copied my slang from the movie. Whenever someone cheers for Alabama, I hear Cher say, "surfing the crimson" and cannot help but giggle. I just used her Monet analogy recently with a homeschool group. No joke. I dream of her closet. I also, it so happens, adore the novel Emma by Jane Austen, of which Clueless is a loose adaptation. So, there, take that you intellectuals. *wink*

{3} From childhood, I have seen books as magical, and I cannot help but think this movie had something to do with that: The Neverending Story.  Believe it or not, however, I have not read the book that inspired it. I think I should get on that. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies