Friday, January 13, 2012

Currently: Turning 30

Current Books: I am on the last chapter of Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen. I fell in love with her books years ago. Mandy Moore starred in a movie made from two of Sarah's novels, and I love Mandy, so I watched it. That led me to seek out the books, and I still get excited when I see Sarah has a new book out. I have A Girl Named Disaster waiting on me at the library, and I downloaded a collection of Mercedes Lackey stories. I am reading two volumes of poetry (one by Nikki Giovanni and one by Kay Ryan) and a book of daily Mary-based devotions. I am in Chronicles in my Bible. The boys and I just finished listening to The Giver in the car. A reread for me, but so good.

Current Playlist: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, due to my father. When I listen to new-to-me music, it is usually due to Daddy.

Current Shame Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Gossip Girl. My 8th grade girls watch it and talk about it all the time. So I promised them I would watch too. It really is a teen soap opera and not my usual style at all, but I have gotten sucked in, so I watch.

Current color: Kentucky blue

Current Fetish: Family history. I have been working on a family tree.

Current Food: I am about to make some heavenly mac-n-cheese in the crockpot.

Current Drink: Ice cold milk

Current Favorite Favorite: Snail mail. Email and social media are great things, but nothing beats a handwritten note.

Current Wishlist: I am buying a desk next week. I am looking forward to that.

Current Needs: To relax in my parenting. I am way too tense.

Current Triumphs: I am about halfway through chapter 3 of the current manuscript. I am writing more slowly on this project, but I am making progress.

Current-Bane-of-my-Existence: Mornings. I am having so much trouble waking up lately.

Current Indulgence: I am planning a lazy weekend of reading, watching Gossip Girl, and eating.

Current Mood: Tenser than I'd like to be, but mostly good.

Current #1 Blessing: Corey took Haydn with him to Memphis yesterday and I had a day off. I got some writing done and rested.

Current Slang or Saying: "Let it be."

Current Outfit: FUMC sweatshirt, black lounge pants, painted TOMs

Current Link: Teachers Pay Teachers is a hugely helpful resource.

Current Photo:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies