Monday, December 12, 2011

Currently: Advent 2011

Current Books: I just finished a reread of The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson. That was both for my own pleasure and as research for my latest manuscript. I have paused War and Peace. Basically, the beginning was wonderful, but I got bogged down by battles and soldiers. I'm just not interested enough. *hangs head* I am now reading Sarah Dessen's newest. This one is called What Happened to Goodbye. In the car, the boys and I have started the first Harry Potter book. It is just as magical the second time around.

Current Playlist: I have been picking this and that from Spotify, mostly gospel Christmas stuff (in an effort to force the spirit upon myself).

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Baking. For myself. 'nuff said.

Current Colors: Black and gray

Current Fetish: Haitian art. I have been looking at images to get inspiration for a children's book.

Current Food: I just tasted my very first Oreo ball. I am hooked.

Current Drink: Diet Coke. What else?

Current Favorite Favorite: Kindle library loans

Current Wishlist: Ozma tattoo (where?), repierce my nose, new clothes, someone to run all of my errands for me so I can just stay home in my cozy pajamas and be a bum. Yeah, not gonna happen.

Current Needs: Dental work. Always and forever. My goal is to sell a novel and use the advance to fix every tooth in my head and have them whitened and shined. You think I'm joking, but I'm really not.

Current Triumphs: I have finished two novel manuscripts this year and started a third. I also wrote a grown-up short story for the first time in YEARS.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: My hair. I have been "no poo" for about a month. It looks just as good as it did before the experiment, but no better. So, do I keep it long and continue with the daily ponytails or cut it off short again? Does it even matter? I mean, really... this is the worst part of my life right now? I should be grateful, huh? Ok, maybe it isn't the worst thing in life right now. Maybe it is just easier to fret about the unimportant problem of my hair.

Current Indulgence: Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake

Current Mood: Is tired a mood? Corey has finals this week, and he's been studying and writing papers and reading in preparation. Add the Christmas season in ministry-land and Haydn's current bad attitude about anything that isn't a magic trick, a bit of origami, or a Lego, and you get whatever mood this is.

Current #1 Blessing: All finished with the Christmas shopping, except one more item for the boys and the things I will be making for my mom and sister.

Current Slang or Saying: Oy! is the most uttered word in my vocabulary.

Current Outfit: My big warm brown youth sweatshirt, brown tank, Arizona jeans, painted Toms

Current Link: I have enjoyed doing a little genealogy research.

Current Photo:  I really want a print of this: "Madonna of the Orb."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies