Monday, October 17, 2011

Vacant Blog... and some pictures

Sorry it has been pretty vacant here for the last week. We drove to SC for my sister's wedding and stayed to help Mom babysit while my sister went on her honeymoon. I will add pictures to this post. Just a few. The official pictures aren't available yet, but I am sure they will be lovely. It was wonderful to have Eliza-cuddles for a whole week, and we saw lots of old friends.

Me and Daddy
We got back to routine today. I have been cleaning like crazy. Last week was hectic, getting ready to go, and the house showed it. I am glad I wrote out my homeschool plan for this week before we left. That was one less chore to deal with this morning. I have laundry cycling. The floors have been swept and mopped. Library books were returned, bills mailed, counters cleared of their clutter, and children returned to the learning process. Not that no learning occurred on our trip. One of my favorite things about homeschool is how much of it takes place outside of the regular lesson plan. 

My mini-me, Sara, and me
I discovered a great new app that Haydn and I are both enjoying. It is called Seven Little Words and is available from Apple or Droid (free). It is a sort of abbreviated crossword puzzle. There are seven clues to figure out. Below the clues are tiles with letter groupings on them. You have to combine tiles to form the answers. Some of the clues are really difficult. I am impressed with how well Haydn is doing. His mind is normally too literal to understand riddles. He is terrible at thinking up synonyms. In his mind, if something is good, you call it good. He doesn't get the need for a billion other words that also mean good. You can probably guess how much he enjoys creative writing.

Eliza Jane
I'd like to write some deeply emotional piece about my baby sister being all grown up now. I have been very introspective. But, honestly, I don't feel like writing. Even this haphazard entry is forced. And, if you know me at all, you know there has never been a time when I didn't feel like writing. I have had to force myself to write anything since beginning my current medication. I called my doctor about changing it. I cannot continue on a med that makes me someone other than who I am. I have taken anti-depressants for years. I have never, until now, had a pill so drastically change any aspect of my personality. I have heard people talk about meds making them into zombies or robots, but I had never experienced it. I hope I never have to again.

Hopefully, the real me will be back soon. I like her better, and my world just isn't right without my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies