Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Currently: Back2School Edition

Current Books: I am reading Summer Breeze. It is the second Seasons of Marriage book by Catherine Palmer and Gary Chapman. I don't normally read a ton of Christian fiction, because it can easily slide into cheesy. But I enjoyed the first of these books, when it was free for Kindle, and I saw this one in the church library. Working on book edits and getting back into homeschool begs for an easier read. In the car, we are listening to a Librivox recording of Rinkitink in Oz. Haydn and I are also reading Battle of the Labyrinth.


Current Playlist: Sometimes I put classical music on while Haydn does his schoolwork. Otherwise, nothing.


Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: I honestly cannot think of anything. 


Current Colors: With all the excitement over my sister's wedding, I find myself drawn to orange a lot.


Current Fetish: Homeschool books. I got a new Origami book for Co-Op and also a nice copy of Geographica and some other tid bits over the last week. A few from Barnes and Noble with my educator's discount and a few from the going-out-of-business Borders in Brandon.


Current Food: Hot croissants. Really really big ones.


Current Drink: a daily dose of Diet Coke and then water.


Current Favorite-Favorite: My husband for reading my manuscript and offering helpful criticism.


Current Wishlist: an iPad. 


Current Needs: to get over wanting an iPad.


Current Triumph: Completing my novel-manuscript and a first round of edits.


Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Haydn's negativity. His auto-response to everything is that he can't do it and doesn't want to do it and should not be made to do it. It does not matter that the work ends up being easy and/or fun, he does not carry that over to the next activity.


Current Celebrity Crush: The lovely Zooey Deschanel has her own TV show this season. I will be DVR-ing that.


Current Indulgence: Buying homeschool books, as I said earlier. I will be stopping now, though.


Current Mood: A bit tired and blah, but mostly good.


Current #1 Blessing: Agencies seem to have all gone to e-queries and submissions, so I will not have to print tons of copies of the new manuscript.


Current Slang or Saying: "Grace." It is more a mantra in my head than a saying or bit of slang, but it is the most used word in my life lately.


Current Outfit: jeans and a black "love" t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies