Sunday, July 10, 2011

Currently: You Lie, July

I am running low on cutesy month titles.  Feel free to suggest some.  LOL!

Current Books: Last night, I finished both The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making and Maps & Windows. Today, I started The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, b/c it was marked down cheap on Amazon Kindle and I had noticed Stephanie gave it a good review. I finished 1st Samuel in the Message this morning and am excited to start 2nd Samuel.  I am paying especial attention to the character of David, this read-thru, having named my youngest son for the man. I will probably read The Help this week.  Yes, I realize I am the last person in America to read it.  Well, at the very least, the last literate Mississippian. It is our book club selection for August's meeting.  I will not get to go (insert sad face here), but I will read it and send along my thoughts.  Besides, I need to be able to accurately pick the movie to pieces soon (right, Amanda?). Oh, and I snagged an old Choose Your Own Adventure book at the thrift store.  I am reading it to the boys, letting them make the choices. 

Current Playlist: In the car, the boys and I are listening to A Wrinkle in Time. On Pandora, I have been switching between 90s Pop for cleaning/cooking and Ginny Owens for down time.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Being lazy this week.  I have laundry to get finished and I have a couple of projects half completed (no one is surprised, I am sure), but I am mostly sitting on my duff, reading and writing and fiddling on Facebook and Twitter.

Current Colors: I wore a bright red dress to church this morning. I love red.

Current Fetish: Volumes of poetry.  I downloaded some free classic books on my Kindle and have been picking random slim volumes from the public library. Cannot decide whether I should go back to school for a degree in Creative Writing or Poetics.  I like the sound of the latter.

Current Food: There is a peanut butter cake in the oven and leftover roast chicken in the fridge.  I use this recipe for my chickens, and they get rave reviews.

Current Drink: I am on a Mello Yellow kick.

Current Favorite Favorite: Sestinas.  I also played with a vilanelle, last week.  Form, in general, I suppose. I am really loving sestinas.  They are the perfect frame for what I am feeling lately.

Current Wishlist: Either a 13" Macbook or an iPad.  I don't need both and either would make me more than happy.

Current Needs: To remember to make a dental appt this week and decide if I will stick with glasses or try contacts.

Current Triumph: This summer has been full of little triumphs... driving around my hometown without killing myself or ruining the car, roasting those chickens to perfection, completing multiple art projects...

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: My Dell's fits of slowness.

Current Celebrity Crush: Ummm.... None?

Current Indulgence: I ordered myself a t-shirt today.  It has an owl on it. 

Current Mood: Slowly leveling out to a nice even keel. 

Current #1 Blessing: My man, of course.

Current Slang or Saying: Too true.

Current Outfit: Soffee shorts and an Anytime Fitness shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies