Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Currently: June Bug

Current Books: I just finished a reread of The Prince of Tides. I love the lyrical quality to Pat Conroy's words. I am halfway through Beyond Smells and Bells.  I just started a review book for Amazon Vine. It is called the Night Circus. It is not published yet, and I admit to taking sinful pride in reading books before they are on the shelves.  So far, I like it.  

Current Playlist: Well, David has been insisting on the WOW 2011 CD, but I have finally wrested back control of the car's CD player, and we are listening to Hind's Feet on High Places.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Reading all day, for the parts of the day I am awake.  It is summer, and the boys and I are relaxing.  We are reading 39 Clues together. 

Current Colors: Kentucky Blue and any bright clear shade.

Current Fetish: Frozen fruit slush things.  Chillers, I think they are called.  So good.  Better than a popsicle.

Current Food: I have discovered the yumminess of a Morningstar black bean burger, on hummus-coated flat bread.

Current Drink: Well, I have Diet Pepsi in the fridge, but I am drinking water more.  The heat calls for that.

Current Favorite Favorite: Leila.  She sent a card from Olivia today.  Cutest thing.  And, she is always compassionate and patient. 

Current Wishlist: Either an iPad or a 13" Macbook.

Current Needs: I need to make a dental appointment.  I have a back tooth bothering me. I also need to go to Lens Crafters.  Haydn and I both broke nose guards off of our glasses within days of one another.  What are the odds?

Current Triumph: I voted and spoke on the floor at Annual Conference.  I also wrote the theme piece for the weekend.  

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: A lack of logic and common sense in certain people. Also entitlement and arrogance in these same people.

Current Celebrity Crush: Doctor Who.  We are on the 10th Doctor.  I preferred the 9th, but this one is growing on me.

Current Indulgence: Ice cream sandwiches.  I cannot eat an ice cream sandwich without feeling like a kid again.

Current Mood: Mostly good.  Some zombie days and a bit of edginess sprinkled in for good measure.  But, overall, I am happy.

Current #1 Blessing: The consistency of my husband.

Current Slang or Saying: Can't think of anything.

Current Outfit: Peace, Love and UK shirt, Kentucky hat, Ann Taylor blue jeans, black flip-flops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies