Saturday, May 7, 2011

Leaps and Bounds



In my life this week... I have felt really good, even with some rough homeschool days.  Well, I shouldn't say days.  Haydn bounces back quickly enough that problems in the morning do not have to ruin our whole day.  Corey got me a Droid for Mother's Day, and I ordered a cute cover for it.  I spent the week learning the new system. 

In our homeschool this week... Haydn completed a project on George Washington.  It was an event that involved screaming and tears (all from him, thank goodness), but he was so proud of himself when he held the printed report in his hands and combined it with all of the other pieces he completed over the last few weeks. We wrapped up math for this school year and I gave Haydn the placement tests so I can order Math-U-See curriculum for next school year.

Places we're going and people we're seeing... We had our second-to-last CoOp meeting. Haydn, this semester, took Poetry, Famous Americans, and PE.  He especially loved PE and getting out to play.  Thursday morning, we took a photography field trip downtown.  We just wandered around taking pictures.  Haydn loves playing with a camera. He and I also went birthday shopping for his brother, while David and Corey were at a baseball game.

My favorite thing this week was... Probably today.  I slept till almost 8 AM.  I read some in The Gospel of Ruth and my Bible.  I have completed 10 scrapbook pages for Leila's album and 2 pages in my art journal. I also made a photo/scripture piece with Adobe.  All of this has been done in my craft room with upbeat music blasting from Pandora.

What's working for us... Handwriting for a Reason is awesome.  Haydn copies scripture for practice and his writing is improving by leaps and bounds. Switching to cursive was just what we needed.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have... I think I have selected our curriculum for Math, Social Studies, History, and English.  I still have to pick a spelling program.  And science.  Also, this summer, I want us to plant a small flower garden.  I have never done anything like that before.  Tips?

A photo to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies