Friday, May 6, 2011

Currently: May Flowers


Current Books: I am about halfway through the last House of Hope novel by Neta Jackson. I am reading Ruth in The Message and The Gospel of Ruth by an author I love, as well. By my bed is The Anti-Romantic Child, which I am thoroughly enjoying. Haydn and I are reading The Titan's Curse, and I am about to download the newest Jodi Picoult novel.

Current Playlist: I can now play Pandora on my phone, so that is nice.  I fell in love with "10,000 Stones" by Adrienne this week.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: My new cell phone.  I got the Samsung Fascinate for Mother's Day.  Only an extra $10 a month in our bill, but I do look at it and think of the people who just lost everything in Smithville and other cities.  Then I feel guilty.

Current Colors: I am loving white.  I want a white linen dress.

Current Fetish: The book of Ruth.

Current Food: I had the best salsa, last night, at the staff cookout.

Current Drink: I am back on Diet Coke and Diet Mountain Dew. 

Current Favorite Favorite: The co-op moms on Thursday afternoons.  Grown-up conversation can be such a blessing.

Current Wishlist: Summer dresses.  Long flowy ones, preferably.

Current Needs: Nada.

Current Triumph: Feeling better.  Not that I did anything to earn that, but I am so glad the tired-icky slump I had gotten into is lifting.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Haydn's tantrums.  They had improved so much over the last few months that their sudden return has taken me off guard. I think it is end-of-the-school-year-itis. I have shoved all I can into his head and nothing else will fit.

Current Celebrity Crush: Steven Tyler just released a book.  YAY!

Current Indulgence: Planning our family vacation has been so much fun! Usually, planning stresses me out, but I am actually looking forward to this.

Current Mood:  Happy.  Content.  Ready.  Ready for what, I am not sure, but I feel ready.

Current #1 Blessing: My life.  A wonderful husband who loves me as Christ loved the church. A son enjoying baseball and learning. A son who is full of energy and can read almost as well as any adult. A beautiful stepdaughter with a laugh like the sunshine. A dog and two cats who follow me down the stairs each morning as though I hung the moon. A stable home with plenty of space and a big yard.  I am, right now, marking this moment in time.  Even with the struggles, it is good.

Current Slang or Saying: Almost summer. I chant this to myself and repeat it to the boys, trying to motivate us through these last two weeks of school.

Current Outfit: Thrifted Tommy jeans, light pink blouse, gray Gap hoodie, painted TOMs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies