Thursday, February 17, 2011

SWD - Feb 17

I always love the simplicity of the Simple Woman's Daybook.  I suppose that means it is aptly named.

Simple Woman's Daybook - Feb 17

Outside my window... the weather is improving daily.  I even bought running shoes.  I am anxious to get out in the sunshine.

I am thinking... about how to help my children not be so greedy.  Of course, telling them to stop saying, "I want" makes me think of all the "I wants" in my own heart. As usual, being a good Mom starts with self.

I am thankful for... The group of ladies in the Bible in a Year group on Facebook. I need that accountability, and I love having somewhere to share insights and discuss the amazing-ness of God's Word.

From the learning rooms... I am in love with the first Percy Jackson book.  Haydn is learning so much about Greek mythology, and that will be such a help to him in the future.  Mythology and the Bible.  Those are the two most alluded to works in literature.  Also, we are reading Shakespeare's Secret.  Haydn likes Shakespeare. I am looking over our curriculum choices for next school year.  So many choices.

From the kitchen... I made a batch of cake balls, and they were a definite hit.  I think that is what Haydn wants me to make for his birthday.

I am wearing... short sleeves.  I am so excited to be able to wear short sleeves.

I am creating... Nothing, and that needs to me remedied.

I am going... to Brandon next week.  Haydn has an appt there, so we will stay with Leila.  

I am reading... Swamplandia.  

I am hoping... for Savannah.  Always always always hoping for Savannah, to see the pain washed away from my husband's eyes.

I am hearing... the boys eating their S'mores cereal and discussing how wonderful it is.

Around the house... We reorganized the boys' chore list. I am slowly adjusting to homeschool enough to get a bit more housework done during the day. 

One of my favorite things... is making my To Do list in the morning.  It helps me feel organized and capable of getting through the day.

A few plans for the rest of the week
: Watching a movie with my boys and working at the bookstore.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... 

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I had forgotten about this. I used to do it all the time. THIS is why fads don't work for me. I always forget about them eventually, even when they are a really good idea. Love your sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies