Friday, December 31, 2010

Theme 2011

Oh, wow.  I am writing this blog, just minutes after hearing God speak.  Not audibly.  No need to call the pretty men in the white coats.  Just keep reading.

I thought I had my theme for the year.  When I read Buzz by Katherine Ellison, I thought, "I need a year of paying attention as well."  I toyed with the idea of making that my theme for 2011, but I kept waiting to hear from God.  Usually, He either gives me my theme directly or gives me confirmation when I am on the right track.  I have heard nothing about it.  But, with 2011 closing in, I had no other word from God, so I accepted it as my theme. I have told people it is my theme.  It will remain a sub-theme, next year.  It is my personal goal, to pay attention to my children and husband more than I have in the past. But, this morning, God gave me the theme HE has for me for 2011.

Peace.

I have begged, in the past, for a year of Peace (or rest or celebration or pretty much anything besides patience again).  However, after accepting themes for years (2010: Trust, 2009: Patience, 2008: Possibilities, 2007: Purpose, 2006: Freedom) I know better than to think a year of "peace" means an easy ride.  Most likely, it means there is a rough time ahead for my family, and I will need to rely on God and have peace in the midst of it.  I could be wrong though.  I am certainly on board if God wants us to have a year of peaceful waters.

This morning, I came downstairs, gave the boys their vitamins and cough medicine (the flu just does not let go easily) and we sat down to read our devotion together.  I read to them from Jesus Calling. The verse for today is:

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. -John 14:27

The first line of the devotion reads:

"As this year comes to a close, receive My Peace."

As I read those words, I felt a whoosh inside me.  A quickening of the Holy Spirit, so to speak.  A knowing. So, I say yes, God.  Yes, Jesus. I'm in.  Let's do this thing.

Happy New Year!

HT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies