Friday, December 31, 2010

And I Read, 2010 Edition

In January...

Ashley got me tattooed for my birthday.
I rode to SC with Karen.
Mom and Wayne gave me a car.
I visited Andi in the ICU in Jackson.
I had a lot of dental work done.
I got a bladder infection from the place-of-flames-and-burning-sulfur.
Andi opened her eyes.
Leila's Aunt Mimi was rescued in Haiti.

And I read...

Dakota by Kathleen Norris
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

In February...

I did my first TweetSpeak Poetry Party.
I watched my children dance at school.
I finally typed up my writings on Spiritual Warfare.
I held a yard sale to benefit Haiti.

And I read...

Thin Places by Mary DeMuth
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
Saving Cicadas by Nicole Seitz
Love is the Measure by Jim Forest
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Barrows & Annie Shaffer
One Writer's Beginnings by Eudora Welty

In March...

I started learning how to use a Mac for media team.
We drove to ATL to see Sherry and Andi.
I began watching Parenthood on NBC.
I co-hosted a baby shower for Leila.
My Tuesday Morning group started The Artist's Way.

And I read...

The Hand that First Held Mine by Maggie O'Farrell
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
Delta Wedding by Eudora Welty
Ponder Heart by Eudora Welty

In April...

It was National Poetry Month.
I wrote a poem a day.
My best friend had her first baby, Olivia.
There was more dental work.
Andi came home from Shepherd's Center.
I read Emily Dickinson aloud to Andi.
Our family participated in "Be The Church."

And I read...

A Positive Life by Shane Stanford
The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert
May Bird and the Ever After by Jodi Lynn Anderson
The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian (re-read)

In May...

I lead a study of Daniel in the coffee house.
I spent a lot of time at Sherry's.
I painted a pair of TOMs.
The boys and I attended the Gum Tree festival.
Sherry and I painted a TON of crosses.
I baked up some crayons.

And I read...

Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson
Who Do I Talk To by Neta Jackson
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
The Magic of Oz by L Frank Baum (re-read)

In June...

Mandy came to visit.
David played tee ball.
We first saw the house we now live in.
WaH celebrated Natalie's 3rd Heaven Birthday.
Corey bought me a Nook.
I took the boys to the Buffalo Park (sad place).

And I read...

Traveling with Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd & Ann Kidd Taylor
Female Nomad and Friends by Rita Golden Gelman
Here Lies the Librarian by Richard Peck
The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien

In July...

David and I picked blueberries with Aimee and her kids.
We also visited an Amish community.
Carrie called to tell me she was having a GIRL.
Our entire family went on a mission trip to Cincinnati.
I met Homer the Owl.
I attended my 10-year class reunion.

And I read...

Who Do I Lean On by Neta Jackson
Night by Elie Wiesel
The Return of the King by JRR Tolkien
The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
Acedia & Me by Kathleen Norris

In August...

The boys started their new schools.
The boys both went on our church back-to-school retreat.
Message & Media Conference was fun.
Great Parent/Teacher conference with David's teacher.
Emily got married!

And I read...

Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
Countdown by Deborah Wiles
Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult
An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison
House Rules by Jodi Picoult

In September...

David wrote a song.
We got kittens.
I experienced Theophostic Prayer with Jen.
I started writing poetry during sermons.
I taught three 7th grade classes (Poetry Workshops)

And I read...

Take This Bread by Sara Miles
Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
Tomato Girl by Jayne Pupek
Olive's Ocean by Kevin Henkes
Shug by Jenny Han
The Wilde Women by Paula Wall
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Here by Wislawa Szymborska

In October...

I got addicted to LA Ink.
I auditioned for a play and did not get a part.
The media team had a fabulous lunch together at Renee's.
Corey and I watched The Stoning of Soraya M.
That movie rocked my world, from the inside.
I went through a ton of old photos in the church archives.

And I read...

Weedflower by Cynthia Kadohata
Radiance by Alyson Noel
South of Broad by Pat Conroy
Anterooms by Richard Wilbur
Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
Criss Cross by Lynn Rae Perkins
Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
Poets Against the War by Sam Hamill
Anne of Avonlea by LM Montgomery

In November...

The boys and I read about MLK Jr and Rosa Parks.
I wrote a "catalog" poem.
I had my first-ever book signing.
I attended the Creative Nonfiction Writers Conference in Oxford.
Our family took a day off and went to the Memphis Zoo.
Lee Gutkind liked my writing.
Mandy and I chaperoned the Winter Retreat.

And I read...

Buzz by Katherine Ellison
The Five Lost Aunts of Harriet Bean by Alexander McCall Smith
Look Me in the Eye by John-Elder Robison
On Writing by Stephen King

In December...

I finished Christmas shopping.
Leila and I traveled to ATL to see her mom and sister.
Corey and I celebrated 9 years.
The boys and I read a biography of Amelia Earhart.
We started homeschool with Haydn.
I was the dessert home for the progressive dinner.
Eliza Jane was born (and I was there!)
Then, we all 4 had the flu and it snowed.

And I read...

Tiger, Tiger by Lynn Reid Banks
The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood
Dancing with Max by Emily Colson 
The Big One-Oh by Dean Pitchford
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
Eragon by Christopher Paolini (in progress)
The Glory Road by Robert Heinlein
The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood (in progress)


Total for 2010: 83 (plus 2 in progress and a few biographies I did not write down names for)

2 comments:

  1. This will come in quite handy when I need a book to read...thanks!
    So, I saw you read Outlander in January, but didn't follow it up with the sequels...did you not like it? I'm afraid I am an Outlander addict although after reading all seven twice, I think I am finally done. :)
    I just returned from the library with The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald and TheRoad to Wellville by T Coraghessan Boyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Thin Places! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies