Monday, November 8, 2010

My Attempt at Doing Justice to A Book I Loved

I just finished reading one of those books that I could say has "changed my life."  Corny, I know, but true, nonetheless.  I love this book so much that it really deserves a Hyperbole and a Half style tribute.  I am not entirely sure I can manage that, but I will try.





Me jumping up and down and singing praises because, "OH DEAR GOD SOMEBODY GETS IT!"

Me reading passages aloud to my husband while he tries to watch the game and still listen to me and let me know he loves me and cares about the things I care about even though he REALLY just wants to watch the game.
Me hopping onto Amazon.com to post my fantabulous review and then get into random debates about the book with one particular reviewer who has not actually posted a review of this book but just seems to enjoy leaving negative comments on other people's good reviews, even though I don't like to argue with strange people on the Internet (or anywhere else, for that matter), but I cannot resist defending the author of the book that has CHANGED. MY. LIFE.

Me daydreaming about how the author will read my review and see what kindred spirits we are (think Anne Shirley and Miss Lavender) and want to go for coffee and commiserate and maybe work together on a writing project in the future because she will read my blog and see what an amazing writer I am and how we should be best friends. Like, yesterday.


The End.

4 comments:

  1. For those of us who are visual learners, today's post is fabulous! thanks friend!
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee. Thanks Aimee. You would love the Hyperbole and a Half Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait so what was thi life changing book called?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies