Thursday, October 21, 2010

Beautiful Women



The most beautiful women
rarely know
they're beautiful.
No one bothers to tell them.
We girls are either jealous
or afraid.
Either one is a waste
of your time.
The dark black skin
of the girl on the playground
when i took my boys Wednesday night
cannot be matched
anywhere,
and she will still be beautiful
even if I don't tell her so,
but I want to tell her
that her smile makes me smile
and her eyes are full of light.
I want to tell her how
the flutter of her fingers
brings me joy.
She is a vision and an image
of God's love for His creation -
that He cared enough to make her
beautiful
and let me - a poet -
feast upon the sight
of one exotic beauty
on an otherwise ordinary
Wednesday night.

-HT

1 comment:

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies