Monday, September 13, 2010

Do I Love

I have started writing poetry during the sermon on Sundays.  Here is one of the pieces from yesterday, when Raigan was wrapping up the series we did on 5 Practices of a Fruitful Congregation:



Do I Love

For God
so loved
the world
that He gave.

He gave.

Do I
so love
this world
that I
give?

Do I give
to anyone
besides myself?

Do I give
to my husband
who gives so very much
of himself
that he often finds
he is emptied?

Do I give
to my children,
pouring love
unconditionally
into their hearts?

Do I love
the strangers
on the street
and in the store
and all around
me
everyday?

Do I love them enough
to give
and give
and give

until it hurts
the way it must have hurt
when God gave
His son -
His only son -
to us?

-HT

1 comment:

  1. Love this! And what a cool idea to write during sermons....

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies