Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Currently: July 2010

Current Books: I am finishing the Lord of the Rings Trilogy on my Nook and reading a book on parenting ADHD children.  I also started Plan B by Pete Wilson.  I have a new Neta Jackson novel for our trip to Cincinnatti. Also, I have the audio of Forgotten God by Francis Chan to listen to on our trip. And Daddy bought us the audio version of The Hobbit so the boys and I can listen on the way to Columbia this month.

Current Playlist: Audio books.  We just listened to a CD of Greek myths.  I always loved mythology as a kid and reading the latest book by Sue Monk Kidd and her daughter, Ann Kidd Taylor, inspired me to refresh myself a little and share that love with the boys. 

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Naps.  I took naps all weekend.  Corey was actually off and did a lot of packing.  I was lazy.

Current Colors:  Debating what color bedding to get in the new house.  We will have a guest room and I am thinking about greens in there.

Current Fetish: My Nook.  Wallpapers for it and free ebooks, etc...

Current Food:  Fruit.  I have strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in the fridge.  David and I picked the blueberries ourselves. We went to this wonderful blueberry farm in Pontotoc with my friend, Aimee, and her girls.

Current Drink: At home, I stick to Diet Coke, but out and about, I have been drinking Diet Mt Dew. I drink a lot of Sobe Lifewaters, as well.  They have been BOGO at CVS.

Current Favorite Favorite: The library.  I went ahead and packed all of the boys' books.  We are bringing home all sorts of things from the library and reading like crazy.

Current Wishlist: Lots of house stuff.

Current Needs: Just to get things done in time.  To have the right things fall into place at the right times.  My biggest need is always patience.

Current Triumph:  Up until this weekend, I had done all of the packing in the house.  Jackie and Nancy Brown helped me with my kitchen and I have been working away since then.  It feels good to help Corey with that much, since I will not be here for the actual move.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: The boys fighting with one another.  I know, siblings fight.  I fought with Carrie.  It is part of life and raising children.  But it drives me crazy.

Current Celebrity Crush:  I will take Aragorn from the LotR movies, please.  Yum! In the books, I am a Legolas fan, but in the movies, Aragorn is much yummier.

Current Indulgence: I bought a Scrumdiliuptious bar.  Normally, I would not buy a $2 candy bar.  Just silly.  But, it is a Willy Wonka candy bar, like in the book and movie.  So, I had to have one.

Current Mood:  I am a bit melancholy lately.  Worrying about my brother's family and wishing I could fix some things for him and for Corey and, well, for Daddies everywhere.  I have been thinking a lot about my ADHD and passing it onto my kids and what things I got from my parents and grandparents.  History has a way of making me sad and excited all at once.

Current #1 Blessing: My Abba.  God continues to amaze me, day after day.

Current Slang or Saying: Lately, people and things are all "yummy."

Current Outfit: I am still in my cherry pie PJ pants and a t-shirt.  I will throw on some jeans in a bit.

Current Link: Nook Look

1 comment:

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies