Sunday, May 2, 2010

Currently May. Seriously?

How did it get to be May already?  For real though.

Books: I am finishing Who Do I Talk To by Neta Jackson and about to start Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson.  I have not read as much this week.  Julia Cameron insists on reading deprivation in The Artist's Way.  I did that one Lent and felt I had served my time, but I gave in and did it during the day.  No novel left the house with me, Tues-Fri of this week.  But, I did read at bedtime. And, yes, I must grudgingly admit that I did more art this week, though not more writing.

Current Playlist: The Master Key by L. Frank Baum is what the boys and I are listening to in the car.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Buying bottles of soda at the gas station almost everyday.  That is really a waste of money.  I need to stop.

Current Colors: Deep blues.  I just got these amazing slacks from City Thrift that are blue and black mottled.  Hard to explain, but very pretty.

Current Fetish: I am on a makeup kick.  I had not worn it in months, but something about The Artist's Way has me playing with it again.

Current Food: Junk.  And too much of it.

Current Drink: I have a bottle of water next to me.  Yay!  A small attempt at being healthier.

Current Favorite Favorite: Baby fingers.  Are they not the sweetest thing ever?

Current Wishlist: A sewing table, to get the job I am interviewing for on Tuesday

Current Needs: I NEED to cuddle Olivia Grace.  Have to wait two more weeks.

Current Triumph: Completing my Poem-a-Day project for April.  I only ended up missing two days.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Shoe-Loss.  How is it that my children can have shoes on when they come in the house in the evenings and not know where those shoes are when they wake up in the mornings?

Current Celebrity Crush: Still Matthew Bomer.

Current Indulgence: I bought Katleen Norris' Acedia & Me for full price.  I rarely buy books and I almost NEVER pay full price.

Current Mood: Feeling pretty proud of my husband lately.  God has really turned his heart more toward "the least of these" than ever before.  It is brilliant to watch. 

Current #1 Blessing: My husband who is also an amazing friend.

Current Slang or Saying: "Ya think?"

Current Outfit: Ann Taylor jeans, a yellow, blue & white striped sweater and brown boots.

Current Link: Learning to CVS shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies