Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bookish Poetry


I used a writing prompt once that involved gathering book titles and turning them into poems.  I did this in a library.  Today, I am going to do it by clicking through Amazon.

Poem #1

She Just Wants
Lush Life,
Ordinary Resurrections,
American Gods.
She Just Wants
What Was Lost -
The Room and the Chair,
The History of Love.

Poem #2

Let the Great World Spin.
The Poet -
The Fortress of Solitude.
When Will There be Good News?
When A Crocodile Eats the Sun.

Poem #3

Those Who Save Us-
The Wednesday Sisters-
Await Your Reply.
One Thousand White Women,
Bound South,
Out Stealing Horses-
Half Broke Horses.
Have a Little Faith,
American Wife.
Think Twice.
A Reliable Wife -
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

I could keep doing these.  They are fun.  Please, play along and share yours.

Heather

1 comment:

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies