- The Collected Poetry of Nikki Giovanni has been on my wish-list for ages. I love her and I visit this book in B&N on a regular basis. My Daddy first introduced me to her poetry when I was a young teen, hanging out in the library with him while he drooled over a particularly beautiful librarian.
- Everyday Musings is a volume of poems from a contest I won 2nd place in. It was very exciting to make it so far in the competition.
- Any book by Mary Oliver is worth the read. It was the dear AshleyQ who introduced me to these poems.
- I own 2 copies of The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson. I have a hardback and a paperback. Both were gifts when I was in high school.
- Love Poems is a small red leather volume I have had since high school or college. I cannot even find it online to link to it. I have turned to it time and again for inspiration.
- The Portable Dorothy Parker includes some of her verse. I love this woman's wit and sarcasm. Oh, to have known her!
- Goblin Market by Christina Rossetti is the best read-aloud poem ever written, to my knowledge. I wrote a paper on the sexual imagery in college.
- I read a biography of Edna St. Vincent Milay a few years back and fell in love with her. She is good. Try her. You'll like her. ;)
- Desiree bought me The Soul of Rumi, last year, and I love love love love love it. Rumi is amazing.
- Neruda is pure sensual pleasure. 'nuff said.